Do You Keep Your Word? – Dr Joyce Insight –
Do You Keep Your Word?
Maybe it’s just me, but it infuriates me when people tell you they will have something done at a certain time and then, they do not do it! Why do people say things they don’t mean? If you want to be an entrepreneur, you must know that “your word” is everything. If you tell a client you will meet them at a certain place, at a certain time, then you must be there. THEIR time is important and by not doing what you said you would do, you are wasting their valuable time.
Here are 12 tips Professionalism.
1) Do not say anything unless you plan to keep your word.
2) Take that “extra step” and bring something they would like to your meeting.
3) Be there for your clients, even if it’s inconvenient for you.
4) Answer your telephone if possible and if not, be sure you call back within 24 hours.
5) Energize yourself. This makes the other person energized.
6) Keep fit. Your clients will think you do not care about yourself if you look sloppy and unshaven.
7) Leave your personal problems at the door of where you are meeting someone. Everyone has problems. No one wants to hear about yours.
8) Get enough sleep. Clients need your attention on THEM.
9) Under-promise and Over-Deliver.
10) You can be friends with your clients, even if that is not the norm. You will know when you have a connection.
11) Always be on time. In circumstances that are unforeseen, be sure to call your clients and give them the chance to re-schedule, if they do not have the time. It is up to you to know exactly how long it will take to get somewhere. You MUST figure in for accidents, traffic, trains and other incidents that may take you longer to get somewhere. Figure out how you can be at least fifteen minutes early. This shows etiquette and your client will appreciate it.
12) Be Authentic. No one likes a “fake.” People want to do business with people who are interested in them and not people who are interested in themselves. They want to know that you are real. This promotes trust and trust is needed in a relationship. Let your inner light shine through. Many will take notice, but the people who matter most will be the ones who will appreciate you for the real you.