Are you Successful in Life?
In order to be successful in life, we need to be emotionally well, physically fit, and spiritually sound. Whether you are a student, young adult, homemaker, secretary, teacher, sales executive, trainee, clerk, or factory worker, this self-help book can be your daily guide to looking and feeling good about yourself.
It is a misconception to think that only people in certain positions or social situations need to look good. Many people walk around feeling unsure of who they are and probably feel that they are alone in these feelings. This simply is not true. We are all unsure of ourselves. Childhood experiences, peers, school, environment and family influenced our thinking over the years.
If we get positive acceptance from the things we do, we develop self-confidence in these areas. If we get negative feedback from the things we do, we develop a lack of self-confidence in these areas. If you acquire self-acceptance within yourself, you will have the ability to accept others; if you feel self-rejection within yourself, you will not be able to accept others. Self-acceptance thus equals acceptance of others, whereas self-rejection equals rejection of others.
Looking good on the outside is what makes people want to look inside to see what you are all about. The outside ”shell” is the packaging for what lies within. The tongue can be untruthful, but the body acts with instinct. No matter how confident or sure of yourself you try to appear, you will always project how you feel about yourself on the inside. If you do not feel good about yourself physically or mentally, you will not make a good impression. Self- image is an attitude, believing in yourself and in what you can do. You earn self-confidence when you achieve. Here are some elements to consider for a strong development of strong self-image.
1) POSITIVE THINKING
You can control what you say and what you feel. A positive attitude will give you the best opportunity for positive results. One positive thought a day is the beginning of an attitude that will continue to keep you moving in a strong upward direction.
We are unique and need to do what we feel is right, no matter how someone else feels about it. We have power over ourselves and do not need to let words or opinions of other people change the way we feel about ourselves. If you do what someone else wants you to do, you are not being yourself. Of course, in business, there are times when you may want to compromise. However, it is okay to be assertive, not aggressive, and say what you feel. Many times, if you do not say anything, the situation can get worse. In normal circumstances, the problem is not as difficult as you originally thought!
Reach for what you want and get what you want. It is within your power to achieve the goals you set for yourself. Many famous historians, authors, believed in who they are, set a goal, and had the fortitude to persist. Thomas Edison, a dunce until he was ten, tried endlessly to invent the light bulb and did not give up. Although Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth’s record of lifetime home runs, he struck out 1383 times. You can do what you want to do as well.
4) PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
Each of us has a mental picture of ourselves–a self-image–which controls much of how we act and think. To find life reasonably satisfying, you need a self-image that you can live with. You must be acceptable to yourself before you can be acceptable to others. Trust and believe in the self you are. You can begin to do this by following these steps:
- Develop your strengths. Make a list of all the things you are good at and read these daily. You were born with unlimited potential. Happiness and success are a choice, an attitude, and always up to you.
- Know what you are capable of doing. What have you not done that you could be doing? According to William James, the average person uses only ten percent of their potential. Expand your dreams. Dreams make plans come true.
- Write down what you want to achieve. Unless you make the choice, decide you want it, and visually look at it on paper, chances are you will not achieve your goal. If you “look’ at your dream and work toward it, there is no doubt that you can do it. Of course, you must be realistic in what you set forth to do.
- See yourself doing it! If someone tells you that you could not do something, it is difficult to erase past programming. However, if you take a picture, either in your mind or an actual photograph of what you want to achieve, you are on your way to getting there.
- Create a new person beginning right now. If you put yourself in the frame of mind that you have already made achievements, you are almost there. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Self-confident people do positive things and earn self-confidence in the process. They have a clear sense of who they are and what they want. They are achievers and a successful in life.
Looking your best through hairstyles, skin care and fashion is essential to building a strong self-esteem and
Looking your best makes you feel good, and when you feel good, you can accomplish more. However, deeper than your outside appearance is your inner soul– the innermost part of you that must feel good. Your body will function at its best if you have your internal and external image in balance.
The goal of this book is to give you a sense of knowing who you are and how you present yourself to the world. We are judged so much on what we do not say—our non-verbal communication.
You will now have a guide to what others are deciding about you, based on the way you choose to look. While in the business world, external image is important, we felt it necessary to bring in the inner self.
A business professional will get so much further ahead if that professional understands image, because people will see that you care about yourself and about them. This book is a “must-read” for first impressions. Your internal image will always come through.
“It is no exaggeration to say that a strong positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success in life.” Dr. Joyce Brothers
“Within you right now lies the power to do things you never dreamed possible. This power becomes available to you just as soon as you can change your beliefs.” Maxwell Maltz
As a man thinketh, he becomes.- The Bible
“You cannot control circumstances, but you can control your own thoughts.” Charles Pepplestown
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams” Eleanor Roosevelt
“If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
Reach for and get what you are after.
Feeling good from the inside will shine through on the outside. Your body will function at its best, and your skin will glow. Most of all, you will experience the wonderful feeling of being whole, from the inside out.