20 Ways To Stay Encouraged!
As a discouraged woman, early in life, I would like to offer 20 suggestions on how to stay encouraged in your dreams and goals.
- Do not allow others to put you down.
- Listen to yourself. You need to have a healthy self-esteem to do this.
- Test it out. Read about your condition or what others’ say about you. Decide whether it’s true or not.
- Ask yourself, “Is it true what I’m hearing?” Once you know, you can eliminate the negative thought that there is something missing or wrong with you.
- Believe in yourself. If you don’t, neither will anyone else.
- Ask yourself what your gut feeling is. Go with that. Gut feelings are there for a reason.
- If you have tested out what someone says and it’s not true, delete that person from your life. If it is a family member, limit your communication with them. This is not easy, but it is necessary for you to grow as a person.
- Do not feel sorry for yourself. It will not help the situation and possibly can hurt the situation as people will see you as weak.
- If, in fact, you do have a limitation, find a way to deal with it. You can either be a “poor me” person or an “I can and will do it, anyway” person.
- Practice brain exercises to strengthen your mind. These can be found in many books and articles. Go to the library and do a search on brain exercise.
- Look for alternative ways of doing things. For me, it was finding the right magnification to see better with.
- Seek out support groups that you can join. You will find that these groups have people in them just like you—people who understand and care.
- Read books about Successful Failures. These are people who were told they could not do something and did it better than anyone else!
- Read Investor’s Business Daily’s leaders for success column.
- Watch Game Changes and learn about what great people did to succeed.
- Listen to Audio Tapes on your iPod to hear stories of success.
- Get rid of any negative self-talk. We have over 50 thousand thoughts a day. Do you want yours to be negative?
- Accept the person you are and were meant to be.
- Lastly, THRIVE just because.